SnapShop Retailer Directory Search

You are here: Home | Blog | Retailer View - Monki

SnapShop Blog

Retailer View - Monki


Posted At: 18 December 2018 16:00 PM
Related Categories: Retail, Retailers


Founded in 2006, Monki is a young fashion brand for women targeting 14- to 20-year olds. Monki describes its core collection ‘a flirt between expressive street style and crisp Scandinavian fashion sense’.

H&M Group acquired 60% of Monki's owner Fabric Scandinavien, which also operates casualwear retailer Weekday and denim brand Cheap Monday, in 2008 before snapping up the remaining 40% in 2010.

Monki launched in the UK market in September 2011 with the opening of a concession in Selfridges London. Although exact UK store ambitions are unknown, Monki has been growing steadily in the UK with its "Scandi cool meets Asian street style” look appealing to young British consumers. There are now seven standalone Monki stores in the UK with an outlet in Birmingham coming soon according to its website.

Monki’s unique selling point is its idiosyncratic store layout and unconventional branding.

Currently operating 115 stores in 14 markets in Europe and Asia, as well as an ecommerce site that delivers to 18 European countries, Monki seems destined to continue to grow despite the rapidly changing fashion industry.  

Comments Comments (0) Twitter Twitter


There are no comments for this entry.

Add a Comment:

Please Note: Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment will not appear until approved. Although we ask for your email address for verification purposes, only the name you enter will show against your comment.

Name *
Email Address *  
Comments *
The opinions expressed herein are the personal opinion of the author and are not intended as statements of fact and do not represent the view of SnapShop or Pragma in any way.


Enter your email address below
to receive SnapShop blogs
straight to your inbox.

Blog Roll:

Hurlbut & Associates
Insight-Driven Retail Blog
James Hall, Telegraph
Marketing Cloud Blog
Retail Consultancy Blog
Retail Contrarian
Retail Technology Blog
Retail Week Comment
Spotlight on German Retail

Archives By Category:

Administrations (71)
And Finally (22)
Christmas (5)
Co-operative Retail (1)
Environmental (6)
E-tailing (13)
Finance & Investment Management (3)
FSP News (4)
Future of Retailing (24)
General (63)
Jane Norman (1)
Media (4)
Retail (137)
Retail Marketing (3)
Retail Property (12)
Retail Statistics (40)
Retail Suppliers (8)
Retailer At Risk (6)
Retailers (193)
SnapShop Developments (3)
Social Commentary (34)
Store Closures (22)
Town & Shopping Centre Management (14)
Womenswear Retailer (3)

Recent Entries:

Retailer View - Weird Fish
Retailer View - Monki
Retailer View - Boden
Retailer View - The Entertainer
Retail Update - November 2018

Recent Comments:

Retail Spotlight – The changing face of leisure
Really interesting sector changes you've highlighted. We have also noticed a sharp rise in the 24 ho... more
Cost of Cash Set to Rise
We have seen growing investment amongst retail clients wanting to get ahead of this trend. it will ... more
And Finally - Surreal
Does my app look big in this, hehe, got to try the Ann Summe... more
Who's next?
Thanks Dave. Sports Direct International has very strong leadership and its accounts have been recor... more
Who's next?
Interesting stuff, it doesn't look like long before they will go under. Any ideas on why sports dire... more
Twitter LinkedIn
Privacy PolicyTerms of Use

Our website uses cookies. Cookies enable us to provide the best experience possible and help us understand how customers use our website.
Our site won't work without them. By continuing to use our website you accept our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies. ×